Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Digital Satire

Chapter 11: Cannibals

I rubbed my eyes as the digital cacophony ripped me from my slumber. My nightly Olive Branch was over. It was 835 am and within the next half hour, I would be back in my trench on the battleground of egos. Unlike vampires, these bloodsuckers rise with the sun. I had a feeling that today the greed heads would be out in full force. Allagash was back from Europe and the recent blood in the water provided the additional nourishment required to help his head grow. He had a hard time fitting it through the corridor last week, but in anticipation Tristan had called in the local construction crew to knock out the support beams so he could weasel his wormy figure in with no problem. Teddy, the little feller, would be there as well. He would probably manage to make it in a few hours late after his phantom meetings in Studio City scattered throughout the morning.

As I got out of my bed, I reached for my device of mobile bondage. The red light was flickering out of control. My handy social communication application provided me with the motivation I needed to make it out of my house:

Kendra: Record Revenue Day for Neckbook. eCPM is .18 cents. Where are you google? Looks like we aren’t the ones who should be worried. Right Stacey?

Greg von Dervoot in reply to Kendra: Great work team. I am getting dressed now. I only have appropriately fitting clothing left. Looks like I need to do some laundry ;) I know how much you all enjoy seeing the northern most reaches of my rectum. At least I still have a few baby shirts left from my wife’s last miscarriage. I’ll wear one of those.

Korinth in reply to Greg von Dervoot: Korinth, don’t worry. I have mostly nappy pubes and I am working on integrating our UI into an Apache OS using LAMP methodology.

I pressed the button just to the right of the scroll ball. I thought I had convinced myself that nightmares can only happen while asleep. Apparently, I wasn’t always right about everything. The novelty of Greg's ass didn’t seem to provide any solace to my blues. Sadly, the decline of western civilization mandated that I earn an income to survive…so I had no choice but to trudge on and convince myself that this day would be different than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment